Oxbow Essentials Hamster & Gerbil Food
Oxbow’s Essentials - Hamster & Gerbil Food is formulated with the guidance of top exotics veterinarians to meet your pet hamster or gerbil’s unique nutritional needs. We combine hand-selected Timothy Hay with wholesome barley and oats to provide vital nutrients that support daily function and performance in hamsters and gerbils.
- Uniform kibble prevents selective feeding
- Supports daily function and performance in hamsters and gerbils
- Fortified with vitamins and minerals for optimum health
- Formulated with the guidance of top veterinarians and nutritionists
Timothy Meal, Pearled Barley (Rolled), Oat Groats, Canola Meal, Millet, Canola Oil, Wheat Gluten, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Brewer's Dried Yeast, Sodium Bentonite, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Mixed Tocopherols (preservative), Citric Acid, Soy Oil, Choline Chloride, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Manganous Oxide, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Magnesium Sulfate, Copper Proteinate, Vitamin A Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Manganese Proteinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Rosemary Extract
- Crude Protein (min) 15.00%
- Crude Fat (min) 4.50%
- Crude Fiber (min) 10.00%
- Crude Fiber (max) 15.00%
- Moisture (max) 10.00%
- Calcium (min) 0.60%
- Calcium (max) 1.00%
- Phosphorus (min) 0.40%
- Vitamin A (min) 10,000 IU/kg
- Vitamin D3 (min) 900 IU/kg
- Vitamin E (min) 190 IU/kg
- Young (under six months) or Pregnant / Nursing Small Hamster or Gerbil/Large Hamster: Unlimited
- Adult (over six months) Small Hamster: 1/8 cup
- Adult (over six months) Gerbil/Large Hamster: 1/3 cup
* Please note that these are guidelines. If your hamster or gerbil is overweight or underweight, please contact your veterinarian or Oxbow for more specific feeding information.
Note: Hamsters are known to hoard and hide their food, particularly females or those housed with other hamsters. Be sure to check for stockpiles of food and adjust daily rations as required.
While hamsters and gerbils don’t require hay as a staple in their diet, be sure to offer them free choice hay to burrow and hide in.
Transitioning Foods: Week One, mix ¼ new food with ¾ current food. Week Two, mix ½ new food with ½ current food. Week Three, mix ¾ new food with ¼ current food. By Week Four, you can feed Oxbow Essentials Hamster and Gerbil Food exclusively to your pet.