Oxbow Essentials Adult Rat Food
Oxbow’s Essentials - Adult Food is formulated to meet the specific nutritional needs of adult rats. This complete and balanced rat food is low in fat and includes exact levels of key nutrients to support daily function and performance. The uniformity of Essentials - Adult Rat prevents the selective feeding commonly associated with mixes and seed-based diets.
- Uniform kibble prevents selective feeding
- Low fat formula supports daily function and performance
- Fortified with vitamins and minerals for optimum health
- Formulated with the guidance of top veterinarians and nutritionists
Whole Brown Rice, Oat Groats, Wheat Bran, Wheat, Soybean Meal, Menhaden Fish Meal, Calcium Carbonate, Natural Flavor, Soybean Hulls, Brewer’s Dried Yeast, Flax Seed Meal, Monocalcium Phosphate, DL-Methionine, Canola Oil, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Wheat Germ Meal, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Salt, Inulin, Magnesium Oxide, Mixed Tocopherols (preservative), Choline Chloride, Sodium Bentonite, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, L-Ascorbyl-2-Monophosphate (Vitamin C), Niacin, Copper Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Biotin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Sodium Selenite, Thiamine Mononitrate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Vitamin K), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate, Rosemary Extract
- Crude Protein (min) 15.00%
- Crude Fat (min) 4.00%
- Crude Fiber (min) 2.00%
- Crude Fiber (max) 5.00%
- Moisture (max) 10.00%
- Calcium (min) 1.00%
- Calcium (max) 1.50%
- Phosphorous (min) 0.80%
- Vitamin A (minn) 8,000 IU/kg
- Vitamin D3 (min) 1,000 IU/kg
- Vitamin E (min) 125 IU/kg
Adult (over 6 months): Unlimited
In addition, it is recommended to feed a limited amount of appropriate vegetables and fresh fruits.
Grass hay for foraging and nesting.
* Please note that these are guidelines. If you have questions about your pet’s daily feeding regimen, please contact your veterinarian or Oxbow for more specific feeding information.
This product is not intended for young, pregnant or nursing rats. We encourage pet owners to feed Oxbow’s Mouse and Young Rat Food during this stage of life.
Offer Oxbow’s grass hay to stimulate natural nesting and foraging behavior.
Transitioning Foods: Week One, mix ¼ new food with ¾ current food. Week Two, mix ½ new food with ½ current food. Week Three, mix ¾ new food with ¼ current food. By Week Four, you can feed Oxbow Essentials Adult Rat Food exclusively to your pet.